Leroux & Lotz Technologies provides technical solutions where formulation and blending of high quality products is required. LLT offers a complete range of equipments ensuring accuracy of blend composition, process efficiency and a high level of repeatability to minimize costs in manpower, energy and inventory. All equipments can be skid mounted and containerized for easy transportation and installation.
Automatic Batch Blender (ABB)Our sequential blending process incorporates a highly accurate weighing system. This system offers an economical and efficient solution for the production of batches of various sizes. Components are added one at a time through one or more dosing vessels mounted on load cells. Typically all base oils and bulk additives are connected to the roof of the mixing kettle by dedicated piping to avoid cross-contamination and to enable automatic operation thus minimising manual labour. Small amounts of specialist components can be added manually. For large volume blends, an ABB equipped with mass flow-meters can be used.
- Direct weight measurement
- Flexibility in batch size. Can be used for batches smaller than 2 metric tons
- Easy to use with complex formulations
- Low contamination (only kettles need cleaning)
- High blend accuracy is achieved and set-up time reduced when using mass flow-meters
In Line Blender (ILB)ILB is a blending process based on the real time measuring of the liquid components. With the ILB, 7-10 components (according to the recipe) are simultaneously filled and mixed in a heated blend header vessel and then transferred via a mixer to the specific product holding tank within the plant. Components are mixed at the blend header and routed to specific destinations within the plant. This process can also be applied with difficult liquids, like high-viscosity additives. This in-line mixing production eliminates the need for bulk storage tanks and speeds up the rate of production, minimizing inventory, reducing capital cost and making on-spec finished products ready to package or ship.
- Economical process highly suitable for the production of large quantities
- Decrease in production time and manpower
- Minimize stocks and storage tanks
- Direct mixing in-line makes on-spec product available immediately for filling or loading
- Sample can be taken at the header even as the operation is in progress
- Adaptation to formula changes is easy
Simultaneous Metered Blender (SMB)Designed to simultaneously measure liquids with a flow-meter and pump these known quantities, in the correct ratio, through a header, the Simultaneous Metered Blending (SMB) process combines the high volume production capacity of the In-line Blending (ILB) with the operating flexibility of an ABB. The components are sent through a header (similar to the ILB) to dedicated homogenization tanks for mixing. This procedure has the advantage that a big batch can be quickly dosed.
- Mass flow measurement allows for direct processing of the recipes
- Compact unit, requiring minimum space and mechanical engineering
- Components can be loaded simultaneously to shorten production time
- Efficient and accurate for any blend size
- Minimum contamination and easy cleaning with pigging and purging of the lines
- Very easy to integrate into existing production units
Drum Decanting System (DDS)A Drum Decanting System, or DDS, is a mechanized and automated means to add drummed additives, including the highly viscous ones, to the blending process. Emptying of drums is possible within a very short period of time. Based on weighing by highly accurate load cells, the DDS automated measurement system simplifies recipe management and production planning while limiting waste generation.
- Direct weight measurement
- Dosing accuracy and reliability
- Easy to use, even with complex formulations. Enables complete discharge and full cleaning of the drum minimizing losses
- Easy integration in existing blending units
Contact : email@example.com